- Being a parent-manager of a child actor.
- What are the responsibilities of a child talent manager?
- What are the benefits of being a parent manager?
Your child is succeeding in the entertainment industry, and now you have questions rising on how to manage your child’s career and what exactly you have to do as a manager. Well, you aren’t alone! Many parents decide to manage their children’s entertainment careers, especially when they’re just starting out.
You’ll be responsible for basically everything:
- Schedule the most significant bit. You have to schedule everything. You have to be on time. You have to make sure that your timing works perfectly with other activities like school, free time, learning, etc.
- Finance since your child is financially dependent on you, although now he will be earning his own money, you still will be responsible for it.
- Portfolio – this is so important for any actor, and you have to make sure it stays up to date with the most recent photos, experience, skills, and more.
- Practicing skills – you are their biggest example, role model, and teacher. You will be responsible for their learning process, rehearsals, and practicing skills.
- Dealing with rejections – one of the most challenging parts for any person, despite their age, is rejections. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that your child is aware of the odds of being selected for the role and how to cope with emotions if it hasn’t been.
Read Here: How to Reduce Stress for Child Actors
- Finding new opportunities and signing up your child. As a parent and guardian, you would also be responsible for searching for the jobs and considering the offers received.
To put it short – you’ll assist the young star with all the essentials needed for them to succeed in the industry.
- To start with, you know your kid better than anyone else. You know all the correct details for applications, age restrictions, measurements, strengths, and weaknesses, and you are the one who manages their time and transportation. It makes a lot of difference because it saves you so much time.
- Plus, your child will be able to communicate their needs and wants directly to you and will not hesitate to share any advice or even criticism they get. Your family bond will enable the two of you to work together and achieve your goal.
- Moreover, you are the closest person to your child. You have more empathy for him than any other person would, and you will make sure to prevent overworking.
- And finally, this will teach you the essential management skills you will use later on in your career and professional development.
The Kardashian sisters and Miley Cyrus owe their success to their parent managers!
Will you lead by example? It’s up to you! At the end of the day, you, as a parent, can make all the difference in your kids’ lives and open them to a world of possibilities. Imagine your little one on the big screen or walking the runway for your favorite brand. Thousands of parents have already chosen to kickstart their kid’s careers with KidsCasting. So what are you waiting for? Start applying your kid to casting calls and put them in the spotlight.